Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo: Let's Talk Tequila

As part of a product review, I received three sample bottles of Partida Tequila and what better day to talk Tequila than Cinco de Mayo which by the way, in case you did not know, does NOT commemorate Mexico's Independence Day but the day of La Batalla de Puebla or in English, Puebla's (a State in Mexico) Battle Day.  So I think this day started to be "celebrated" by a culture just in need of a good party.  and here in America we know how to party.

Tequila Partida

Nuff' history and boring stuff.  Let's Talk Tequila!!
Partida was founded in 2001, by a  noted brand builder, J. Gary Shansby who then selected Jose Valdez as Partida's Maestro tequilero, head of production, Jose and Gary have the same vision to remain authentic to produce some of the best tequila known.  Jose monitors the entire process of production from farming to milling to distillation and bottling.  Today Partida is enjoyed by many around the world, tastemakers, connoisseurs and even celebrities like Oprah simply love it.  **from site**

I love Mexico and its rich culture and beautiful cities and beaches.  I have visited Mexico on numerous occasions and have of course tried many of its yummy tequilas and of course, some that arent so yummy.

I have also been to several Cinco de Mayo parties and there as well have tried several different tequilas.  Today, I tried Partida Reposado.  Is described as a rich and smooth with a touch of sweet.  (i've never felt a touch of sweet in any tequila) (LOL!) But I do know smooth and rich and this one definitely is.  The hardest thing about drinking tequila is the after-taste and after-sensation.  The burning down the esophagus that I DONT look forward to when I do shots.
There was no burning of the esophagus even after my first three shots .. thereafter, who feels a thing anyway :-p

Blanco was also yummy... great taste and again, no burning sensation.  Those of you that watch your calorie intake, it has been said (this could be hearsay) that clear drinks are somewhat "better" and "healthier" I dont know how much of it is true but any excuse works for me and I recommend Blanco.

Overall, although I had never heard of this brand before, I am highly satisfied with the products, history and long standing of the Company.  The only con I found was that the sample bottles were too small and made me add a trip to the liquor store to my to-do list this week to get a little more of it.

Also, the bottles were SOOOOOOOOOOO cute that I just couldnt drink my sample of Anejo but when I do, I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

To learn more, visit their site
Like them on Facebook
and follow them on Twitter

Happy Cinco de Mayo and Que Viva Mexico !!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment